|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Lazy Sundays|
Thyme Lamb Brochettes With Braised Spring Vegetables
Goes Well With
- 6tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oilin total
- 1clove(s)Garlicfinely sliced
- 1wholeLeek(s)white part only, sliced
- 1slice(s)Prosciuttofinely sliced
- 750gBroadbeansdouble peeled
- 1wholeZucchinismall, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1bunch(es)Asparagusmedium thickness, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1cup(s)Chicken Stockor water
- 6leavesFresh Mintvery finely sliced
- 2tbspGoat's Curdoptional
- 800gLamblean lamb leg or shoulder cut into 2cm cubes
- 1tbspFresh Thyme
- 1wholeLemon Peelfinely grated
- 2tbspOlive Oil
- 1 Marinate lamb in mixture of oil, lemon zest, garlic and thyme with some sea salt and black pepper for 2-12 hours covered in the fridge. Thread meat onto soaked wooden skewers and bring back to room temperature.
- 2 Cook on a hot barbecue, under a grill or in a large pre-heated frying pan to medium rare.
- 3 In a medium frying pan, soften the garlic and leek in half the oil, stirring through the prosciutto. Add the peas and stock or water and simmer for five minutes. Add the zucchini and asparagus and cook for one minute more.