|Type of Dish:||Entree|
|Best Suited for:||BBQ dinner party|
Thai Prawn Skewers
Goes Well With
- 24tspPrawnsmedium green king prawns, peeled and de-veined, last section of tail left on.
- 2tbspFresh Corianderfinely chopped leaves, to serve.
- 2wholeLime(s)quarters, to serve.
- 4tbspLime Juicefor the marinade.
- 4tbspFish Saucefor the marinade.
- 2tspPalm Sugarfor the marinade.
- 300mlCoconut Milkfor the marinade.
- 1tspGingergrated. for the marinade.
- 2clove(s)Garlicpeeled and chopped. for the marinade.
- 1wholeBird's Eye Chillimedium red chilli, seeds removed, chopped. for the marinade.
- 4wholeFresh Corianderroots and first 1cm of stems, well rinsed. for the marinade.
- 1stalk(s)Fresh Lemongrassbase removed, thick half only, finely sliced. for the marinade.
- 1 Process coriander roots, lemongrass, chilli, garlic, ginger and palm sugar in a food processor then add the lime juice, fish sauce and coconut milk.
- 2 Place prawns in a bowl and pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate for two to four hours.
- 3 Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to the boil, simmering for one minute.
- 5 Place the skewers on the char grill over high heat and cook for just a minute either side. Place on a platter and pour over cooked marinade. Sprinkle chopped coriander over the top and serve with line wedges.