|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Lazy Sundays|
Texas Dunken Chicken Aka Up The Bum Chicken
Goes Well With
- 1wholeChickenmedium, organic free range
- 3tbspAussiebarbie.com.au Spice Rubfind details this spice rub using the recipe search
- 1tbspSea Salt
- 1can(s)Beeryou can pick which type ;)
- 1 Trim the chicken of the excess fat they leave on the ends of the breast, folded inside the cavity to increase the weight,
- 2 Season the chicken inside and out with the spice mix and salt and stand the chicken legs down, wings up on the beer can in a small baking dish.
- 3 Important: Make sure the beer can is open, or you are in all sorts of trouble!
- 4 Place the baking dish in the middle of your barbecue with indirect heat on both sides.
- 5 Close the lid and cook for about 70 or 80 minutes.
- 6 Check that it is cooked by poking the point of a sharp knife into the thickest part of the leg and thigh- if there is no trace of pink it should be cooked.
- 7 Rest loosely covered for ten minutes, then joint or carve. Discard the beer.