|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Weeknight dinners|
Steak With Horseradish Cream And Potato Cake
Goes Well With
- 4fillet(s)Fillet Steak200-250 grams each, ny cut
- 1tbspHorseradishfreshly grated
- 300mlcan use sour light cream as a substitute
- 1tbspWhite Wine Vinegar
- 1pinch(es)Sea Saltor to taste
- 1pinch(es)Black Pepperor to taste
- 2largeDesiree Poatoespeeled and coarsely grated
- 1tbspFresh Thymefinely chopped
- 2tbspOlive Oil
- 1 Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and place in a clean tea towel. Twist the ends of the towel over a sink and allow as much moisture as possible to come out-there will be quite a bit.
- 2 Mix the potatoes with thyme and melt half the butter and the oil in a heavy based 15-18cm wide non stick frying pan on your wok burner or cook top.
- 3 Add the potatoes and push the mixture down with a potato masher or the back of a spoon. Allow to cook over low/medium heat until the bottom of the potatoes browns. Carefully turn the potato cake onto a plate the same size as the pan. Melt the remaining butter and slide the potato cake back in the pan, non-cooked side down.
- 4 Cook until well browned and crisp and slide out onto a chopping board.
- 6 Brush the steaks with a little olive oil and season well then cook on a hot flat or char grill to your taste, but only turning once.
- 7 Serve the steaks with a dollop of the cream and a wedge of potato cake.
- 8 Serve with a green salad.