|Type of Dish:||Entree|
|Best Suited for:||BBQ dinner party|
Scallops With Sauce Vierge
Goes Well With
- 20wholeScallopsfresh, hard sinew removed
- 16leavesFresh Chives
- 16leavesFresh Tarragon
- 1tspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 85mlExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25mlLemon Juice
- 1tspGround Coriander
- 8leavesFresh Basilfinely sliced
- 2wholeTomatomedium, ripe, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Gently warm the oil in a saucepan, but do not boil. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- 2 Add the coriander, basil and tomato and reserve while the scallops cook.
- 3 Season the scallops lightly with salt and pepper and sear on a very hot grill in the oil and butter until just cooked.
- 4 Place a quarter of the sauce in each of four shallow bowls and arrange the scallops on top, garnishing with the fresh herbs.