|Type of Dish:||Entree|
4 - 6
|Best Suited for:||Australia Day|
Mussels In Herb Butter
Goes Well With
- 2kgBlack Musselswe suggest kinkawooka mussels or other fresh mussels with beards removed
- 0cup(s)White Wine
- 2tbspFresh Parsleyfinely chopped
- 2tbspFresh Basilfinely chopped
- 2tbspFresh Chivesfinely chopped
- 2tbspFresh Corianderfinely chopped
- 1tspTomato Paste
- 4drop(s)Fish Sauce
- 1pinch(es)Black Pepperfreshly ground
- 1 To make the butter, place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix or simply mash with the back of a fork in a bowl.
- 2 Roll into a cylinder shape about the size of a twenty cent piece on a sheet of greaseproof paper and twist the ends to form what looks like a bonbon. Refrigerate or freeze.
- 3 Drain any excess liquid from the mussels. Heat a large pot with a lid on your wok burner and add the butter and garlic. Throw in the mussels and the splash of white wine and place the lid on the pot. Give the pot a shake after a couple of minutes and check to see if most of the mussels are open; if not, give them another minute or two- no more.
- 4 Finish with some freshly ground black pepper and definitely no salt.
- 5 Serve with crusty bread and maybe a green salad.