|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Lazy Sundays|
Grilled Tuna With Nicoise Salad
Goes Well With
- 4portion(s)Tuna Steaks150-200g per portion.
- 1clove(s)Garlicpeeled and cut in half.
- 8wholeChat Potatoesjust boiled or steamed and halved.
- 4wholeEgghard boiled, peeled and quartered.
- 500gGreen Beansjust boiled or steamed and refreshed in iced water.
- 4wholeTomatoesmedium sized and very ripe, cut into six or eight pieces
- 6leavesCoss Lettuceenough cos or baby cos lettuce leaves, cut across in 4cm pieces.
- 20wholeOlivesnicoise olives.
- 8leavesFresh Basiltorn.
- 6tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oilfor the dressing.
- 2tbspWhite Wine Vinegarfor the dressing.
- 1tbspLemon Juicefor the dressing.
- 1dashSea Saltfor the dressing. add to taste.
- 1dashFreshly Ground Pepperfor the dressing. add to taste.
- 1tspDijon Mustardfor the dressing.
- 1tspRed Shallotsheaped teaspoon very finely chopped. for the dressing.
- 1clove(s)Garlicpeeled and crushed. for the dressing.
- 1tspCapersheaped teaspoon. rinsed and finely chopped. for the dressing.
- 1 Brush both sides of the tuna with a little olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- 2 Place on char grill, turning just once until cooked to medium rare-not blue. Allow to rest, loosely covered for five minutes while you assemble the salad.
- 3 Divide all the ingredients evenly between four plates, reserving the anchovies. Place a tuna fillet on top of each and arrange the anchovies on top.
- 4 Mix the dressing in a bowl and spoon all over the tuna and salad.