|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Weeknight dinners|
Double Lamb Chops With Apple Chutney
Goes Well With
- 8shortLamb Loin Chopscut 5-6cm thick and 'tails' tied with string
- 1tbspNeutral Oil
- 1smallRed Onioncut in 1cm pieces
- 1smallChilliseeds and white pith removed, finely diced
- 2largeGranny Smith Applespeeled, cored and diced into roughly 1cm pieces
- 2tbspBrown Sugar
- 1heaped tspGround Cinnamon
- 0tspGround Nutmeg
- 2tbspCider Vinegar
- 1 In a small saucepan soften the onion and chilli in the oil without letting them colour.
- 2 Add the apple and sultanas and gently cook them, softening the apple. Stir through the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and brown sugar, melting the sugar then add the vinegar and a couple of tablespoons of water to just cover all the ingredients.
- 3 Gently simmer for about twenty minutes, until the apples have broken down and the mixture has become a bit jammy.
- 5 Serve two per person with a big dollop of warm chutney.