|Type of Dish:||Main|
4 - 6
|Best Suited for:||BBQ dinner party|
Crying Lamb With Spring Vegetables
Goes Well With
- 1wholeLeg Of Lambsmall
- 4clove(s)Garlicpeeled, 2 finely sliced, 2 cut into matchsticks
- 2sprig(s)Fresh Rosemary
- 1wholeRed Capsicumwhite membrane removed
- 1wholeGreen Capsicumwhite membrane removed
- 2wholeRed Onionmedium sized
- 6wholeRoma Tomatoesripe
- 4wholeZucchinimedium sized (or 2 large)
- 20wholeNicoise Olives
- 20leavesFresh Basiltorn
- 1cup(s)Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
- 4tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6wholeNew Potatoeshalved
- 1 Make about eight 2 cm deep incisions in the top of the lamb leg, and force about four rosemary leaves and a garlic matchstick into each.
- 2 Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- 3 Chop all vegetables into pieces around 3cm, and place with the remaining garlic, olives and two tablespoons of oil at the base of a large non stick roasting dish, ideally with a rack.
- 4 Place the lamb on the rack and roast in a 200 degrees oven for about an hour.
- 5 Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil for about twenty minutes.
- 6 Stir basil and parsley and remaining oil through vegetables while you carve the lamb.
- 7 Spoon plenty of the vegetables and cooking juices onto warm plates, and serve lamb on top.