|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Lazy Sundays|
Chorizo And Octopus Salad
Goes Well With
- 2wholeChorizo Sausagessliced diagonally
- 4tbspOlive Oil
- 4mediumKipfler Potatoessteamed or boiled and peeled
- 1wholeButter Lettucewashed and dried
- 12wholeCherry Tomatoesripe, and halved
- 2tspFresh Thymeor 1 tsp dried thyme
- 12wholeFresh Mintfinely sliced
- 1bunch(es)Fresh Chivesfinely sliced
- 1cup(s)Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tspSea Saltor to taste
- 1tspBlack Pepperor to taste
- 1 Place the tomatoes, sugar and thyme in a bowl and mix. Then place the tomatoes, cut side up, on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and bake in a 120 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 2 Place the octopus, garlic and two tablespoons of olive oil in a bag or bowl and marinate in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- 3 Arrange the butter lettuce on a platter or four smaller plates and make the dressing by combining the extra virgin oil, the balsamic, mint, chives, salt and black pepper and reserve. Cut the potatoes into thick slices.
- 4 Grill the octopus over high heat on a char grill while you pan fry the chorizo slices in the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil.
- 5 Arrange the chorizo and octopus along with the potatoes and tomatoes over the lettuce and spoon the dressing over the top.