|Type of Dish:||Side|
4 - 6
|Best Suited for:||Big party|
Goes Well With
- 200gRed Kidney Beanssoaked in cold water for 6 hours or overnight
- 2tbspVegetable Oilor peanut oil
- 3clove(s)Garlicvery finely chopped
- 2wholeOnion(s)medium-large, finely chopped
- 1wholeRed Capsicumvery red, large, finely diced
- 500gBeef Mince
- 2tspGround Cumin
- 2tspGround Oregano
- 1tspChilli Powdermore to your taste
- 1tspGround Paprika
- 1tspTabasco Saucemore to your taste
- 500gItalian Canned Tomatoesbroken up
- 2tbspTomato Paste
- 300mlBeef Stocktetra-pack stuff is ok, just
- 1tbspSea Salt
- 0tbspFreshly Ground Pepperto taste
- 2tbspFresh Parsleyfinely chopped
- 0tbspDry Crackersto serve
- 1 Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot on your wok burner and gently soften the garlic and onions and capsicum over a low heat.
- 2 Add the meat and dry spices and increase the heat, stirring until the meat changes colour
- 3 Add the tomato paste, canned tomatoes, beef stock, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- 4 Drain the beans and pour into the pot, adding enough water to cover if necessary.
- 5 Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 - 1 & 1/2 hours, or until the beans are cooked but not mushy.
- 6 Taste for seasoning and add the parsley.
- 7 Ladle into bowls and serve with dry crackers to crumble in and extra Tabasco for the heat freaks.