|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Weeknight dinners|
Chicken And Apricot Rice Salad
Goes Well With
- 2wholeBoneless Chicken Breast Halvestrimmed of all fat
- 2tspGround Coriander
- 1tbspFrying Oil
- 1cup(s)Long Grain Rice
- 1bunch(es)Fresh Corianderleaves removed and washed, then roughly chopped
- 1cup(s)Pine Nutslightly toasted in a frying pan
- 1cup(s)Currantssoaked in white wine for 30 minutes
- 1cup(s)Dried Apricotsroughly chopped
- 1cup(s)Apricot Marinade
- 2tbspWhite Wine Vinegar
- 0tbspSea Saltto taste
- 0tbspBlack Pepperto taste
- 1 Brush the chicken with the oil and sprinkle the ground coriander over it completely.
- 2 Cook on the flat or the char grill until just done.
- 3 Reserve and slice or coarsely shred.
- 4 Cook the rice in a loot of salted water until just done and drain under cold water.
- 5 Cool the rice completely.
- 6 In a large bowl, combine the rice, the chicken, coriander, currants, apricots, pine nuts, marinade, vinegar and salt and pepper, stirring so the dressing coats all ingredients.