|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||Weeknight dinners|
Blackened Blue Eye Fillets
Goes Well With
- 4fillet(s)Fillet Steak4 x 150 gram blue eye fillets, skin on, not too thick.
- 2tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tspSea Salt
- 2tspDried Thyme Leaves
- 2tspDried Oregano Leaves
- 1tspOnion Powder
- 1tspGarlic Powder
- 1tspCayenne Pepper
- 1tspFreshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Mix all ingredients except fish and oil and sprinkle over both sides of the fish.
- 2 Heat the flat grill to very hot and pour on the oil, immediately placing the fish skin side down as it sizzles.
- 3 Cook for a couple of minutes each side depending on the thickness of the fish.
- 4 Sprinkle any leftover spice rub on the uncooked side of the fish before turning.