|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||All Occasions, Australia Day|
Beef Fillet With Garlic And Herb Prawns
Goes Well With
- 4fillet(s)Eye Fillet3cm thick pieces
- 16wholeGreen King Prawnsmedium, peeled
- 16tbspOlive Oil
- 4tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2clove(s)Garlicvery finely sliced
- 40leavesFresh Oregano
- 1cup(s)Fresh Flat-leaf Parsleyroughly chopped
- 1cup(s)Fresh Chivesfinely chopped
- 1 Rub the fillet with the tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Cook on flat grill on medium to high heat until medium rare or to your taste.
- 3 Rest the meat for five minutes, loosely covered.
- 4 While the meat is resting, melt the butter in the four tablespoons of oil in your wok over the highest heat and add the prawns and fresh herbs.
- 5 Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- 6 Cook until the prawns become opaque.
- 7 Place a piece of beef on each plate and spoon the prawn mixture over the top.
- 8 Serve with a lemon quarter, crusty bread to mop up the garlic butter and a sharply dressed green salad.