|Type of Dish:||Entree|
|Best Suited for:||All Occasions, BBQ dinner party, Easter|
Barbequed Octopus With Hummus
Goes Well With
- 8wholeOctopus Head(s)small/medium
- 2tbspOlive Oil
- 1tbspFresh Oregano
- 2can(s)Chickpeasrinsed and drained
- 3tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1pinch(es)Sea Saltto taste
- 1tbspTahine (seasame Paste)
- 1tbspLemon Juice
- 1 Place all ingredients for the hummus in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add enough water to reach the correct consistency.
- 2 Place the octopus, garlic and oil in a bowl and marinate for at least half an hour before cooking.
- 3 Place the octopus on a very hot grill and cook until just opaque all the way through.
- 4 Spoon a dollop of hummus onto four plates and place two octopus on each.
- 5 Sprinkle with a few oregano leaves.
- 6 Garnish with lemon, drizzling a little extra virgin olive oil over the top if you like.