|Type of Dish:||Main|
|Best Suited for:||All Occasions, Christmas|
Back The Front Marinated Rump
Goes Well With
- 1extra largeRump Steak800g-1kg, 2-4cm thick
- 1cup(s)Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2piece(s)Anchoviesfinely chopped
- 2tbspFresh Rosemaryfinely chopped
- 1wholeLemonzest and juice, finely grated
- 2bunch(es)Asparaguswoody ends removed
- 1portion(s)Sea Salt
- 1portion(s)Black Pepperfreshly ground
- 1 Brush the steak on both sides with a little of the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- 2 When you turn the meat, place the asparagus on the char grill and cook until they begin to soften.
- 3 As the meat is nearly done, place a tablespoon of the oil in a small baking dish and place it on the barbecue.
- 4 Add the rosemary and the rest of the oil, just warming it through.
- 5 Add the lemon zest and juice and plenty of sea salt and black pepper.
- 6 Place the steak and asparagus in the baking dish and loosely cover with foil. Turn the steak after five minutes and leave for another two.
- 7 Remove the steak and cut into thick slices. Serve with the asparagus, potatoes and the remaining marinade spooned over the meat and asparagus.